Thursday 2 May 2013

Welcome to my new blog!

I am very excited to finally have my blog up and running. After going to my first SSLA (Saskatchewan School Library Association) and listening to Andrea Hernandez  and all the wonderful blogging/digital profolio work she does at her school in Jacksonville, Florida, I was inspired. I came home from the conference excited to start both blogging myself and getting my grade seven students involved.
Yesterday, I introduced my students to blogging and they loved it! We are going to use our class blogs as a way to communicate what they are learning in school and to show some of their work.
Currently, my students are writing about mocassin making that happened on April 29th and 30th, what they learned about ancient civilizations in Language Arts, and Geometry in math.
Some of my students also created their own Voki, which they thought was really cool.
I hope that my students continue to enjoy created and developing their blogs for the last two months of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment